Go to the beach with Ror's college friends.
- We were able to go to the beach at the beginning of July for a long weekend, and we had so much fun. With the threat of rain, we were nervous about not being able to enjoy the beach. However, the Lord provided some beautiful weather for us, and we were able to relax and spend some quality time with people we only see about once or twice a year.
Read a fiction book just for the heck of it.
- In the past ten years or so, my reading life has been comprised of mostly nonfiction work, but fiction is what stole my heart as a child. I read a couple Karen Kingsbury books this summer and really enjoyed them. The Chance and Divine both sucked me in and would not let me go!
Try a couple new restaurants in Athens while the college kiddies are away. :)
- Summer is always a good time to try new restaurants because the crowds are much smaller, which makes logistics much more manageable. We went to The Place and La Dolce Vita for some "fancy date nights," and our meals were delicious and our time together delightful.
|Chicken and waffles at The Place with mashed potatoes. In-cred-ib-le.|
Travel to Nashville for the Looking for Lovely conference and meet Annie F. Downs!!!
- I already wrote a mini-novel about the awesomeness of this weekend. :)
Walk through the book of Ruth with friends whom I have affectionately named the Watty Hotties. :)
- This summer, we chose to study Ruth using the Life Lived Beautifully study written by my friend, Gretchen Saffles. Since Ruth is only four chapters and the summer is typically unpredictable and full of travel, we met every other week and had dinner in someone's home. It was a fun summer getting to reconnect with friends and walk through one of my favorite books of the Bible with them.
Welcome a couple friends' babies into the world and become an honorary auntie.
- Two of my dearest friends welcomed their babies to the world this summer. Both of them are first-time moms, and it has been a joy to watch them step into that world. Jackson and Leah, you are so loved!
Go blueberry picking at Washington Farms and make Shauna Niequist's blueberry crisp recipe.
- So we didn't make it to the farm in time for blueberries. Womp womp. BUT. We did get strawberries earlier this summer, and while the blueberries were from the market and not the farm, I did make the blueberry crisp recipe one night for small group. It was devoured.
Go to the pool with a friend at least once.
- I did not go to the pool this summer. Boo. I'm not American.
Reconnect with friends I haven't seen in a while.
- One thing that is really fun about my new job is the opportunity to see more people throughout the day. With a nifty thing like a lunch break, I have had people come and hang out with me at the office that I haven't spent a lot of time with lately, which has done my heart some good.
Celebrate our first wedding anniversary with a tech-free, super fun weekend in Chatt-town.
- I also already wrote a mini-novel about this adventure. We had so. much. fun. I am so grateful we got to take that trip together.
Annnnddd a bonus item that was on our [life] bucket list but not necessarily a summer bucket list...get a puppy!!! We welcomed Tybee Mathisen to the family on Sunday, and we are in love. :)
What about you, friends? Were you able to make a lot of fun memories this summer?