1. My family- I love them. They drive me crazy and I love them still. They love me unconditionally and believe in me, and I wouldn't be who I am without them. (duh)
2. My friends-wow am I blessed here. I am truly blessed to say that I have some good friends. Not just good friends, but great friends. Best friends. The Lord has brought people into my life for seasons, and I am grateful for who has been by my side.
3. My church-what negative things could I say about my church home? We are not perfect, but we are seeking the Lord. I am honored to be a part of a fellowship who seeks to know Jesus in the way that my brothers and sisters at Watkinsville First Baptist do.
4. Good music-especially good live music. I am one of those people who listens to music all day long. The Lord speaks to me through music. I run to music. I write to music. (Currently am listening to the Divergent soundtrack.)
5. A day with nothing to do-this is quickly becoming a favorite thing of mine. It is so freeing to have a day where I have nowhere to be and no one to see.
6. A good book or a good movie-I am a dreamer. I love getting lost in others' stories. When I sit down to read a book or watch a movie, it is as though I am a part of their world for a few hours.
7. A great run-I may be slow, but I love to run. It is one of the best natural highs and so good for my spiritual, mental, and physical health.
8. My kids-I currently have eleven children. As a teacher, my kids make my day, every day.
9. A wonderful meal, ideally shared with friends or family. I love to eat. Food is my love language. Eating is my sport.When I break bread, theoretically or literally, with friends and family, connection is made. Relationships are deepened. And hearts are made glad.
10. Jesus-obvi. But seriously, Jesus is my everything. I cannot imagine where I would be without His grace, love, mercy, and kindness. He knows me and still loves me. He gives grace when I have made the same mistake for the umpteenth time. He holds me in His arms and catches my every tear. He loves me. And that doesn't just make happy, it gives me joy and peace like I've never known.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalm 73:26