Blog-tember Day 10: List 10 things that you love about yourself! Let's kick that negative self-talk outta here!
Well, friends, this is somewhat difficult for me to do. While I consider myself a positive person (outwardly), it is quite difficult to be positive in the way I talk to myself. I am most assuredly my own worst critic. Today, the challenge is to think about the things I like about myself. Some of these things are silly fun facts, while others are things that others have told me through the years.
|A very proud moment after the 2013 Athens Half Marathon.|
1. I love to laugh. Life is too short to take everything seriously.
2. Food is my love language.
Running Eating is my sport. You know those girls who eat little bitty portions and count calories? Not me. More on that here.
3. Encouragement and exhortation are my main spiritual gifts. It is important to me that others feel good when they are around me.
4. I can sing. Music is one of my favorite parts of life. The Lord sure knew what He was doing when He created melody and harmony. One of my favorite ways to praise Him is through song.
5. I'm tall. Being petite is cute and all, but there is a certain stature with my height that I quite enjoy.
6. Relationships are important to me. People are what matter most to me, and I like to invest in long-term friendships that have a rich history.
7. Kids are comfortable with me. I can remember as a child that I was fascinated with the world of adults and teenagers. As a teacher, it is a gift that I am able to make kids feel comfortable and special.
8. The Lord gave me a gift with words. I am not always the most articulate speaker, in fact, my mind often goes faster than my mouth. However, I love words. And because the Lord has given me the gift of language, I can use that to encourage others, whether it is in a hand-written note or a blog post.
9. I speak Spanish. Bilingualism is so uncommon in the States, but it is practically a given abroad in Europe and in Africa, with various dialects and languages that are necessary to communicate with others. Spanish is so special to me, and I relish each opportunity I have to use it.
10. I am a sinner saved by grace. Call me cliche, but this is the best thing about me, because the only thing that's good in me is Jesus. Otherwise, I am a hot mess express. But seriously.