1. Did you know collard greens comes from grass?
2. The doctor said if I broke my nose again I'd have to get a new one.
3. Me: I never played any sports. Ever.
Student, incredulously: Then why you so skinny?!
4. Your dress is soft. Is it silk?
5. [walking up the hill to the school from the lunchroom, huffing and puffing]: I'm not gon give up, cause mans don't give up!
6. All teachers got some kind of toughness in em.
7. Me: That looks ratchet!
Student: Whoa you say that too? You know what that means?
Student, to peers: Wow, she's just like a kid still!
8. At my old school they taught me that if you drink too much water [from the water fountain] there's not gon be enough for fish bowls!
9. Student: Do you have kids?
Student: Why? Are you married?
Student: Do you have a man?
Student: You don't have a man?
10. Me: Please sit up.
Student [lying down on pillow in reading center]: But it's comfty!