At the beginning of the summer, I made a little list of goals. I was able to accomplish a few of them, but not all. This summer was still amazing, though, and I am so very grateful. Here's a look at what went down in summer 2k14:
- Read five new books.- Done!
- Get my classroom ready at Downtown Academy before pre-planning in August.- I wasn't able to get my classroom ready before pre-planning because of construction, but I did get done what I needed to get done during pre-planning. :)
- Buy and complete the Blog Life e-course from the A Beautiful Mess shop.- So this definitely didn't happen. I did, however, buy an e-book called The No-Brainer Blog, and enjoyed reading and learning from it.
- Complete summer bucket list with friends.- So when a friend calls you and asks you to come to Kenya with her in four days, priorities shift a bit. I did like half of those things. Ha.
- Return to memorizing the book of James verse by verse.- I'm going to be in a Bible study in a couple weeks that will be studying James, and I am going to return to memorizing the book then. :)
- Host a 31 Bits party.- Still on the docket and will have to be a fall event.
I had plans and dreams for this summer, and the Lord far surpassed them all. Don't you love how He does that?