1. In the course of ten days, I gained two brothers. Our team to Uganda was small and mighty, as my mom says. And now I have two brothers- one older and one younger- in Antonio and Robbie.
|The boys and I with a special gift at one of the churches we visited.|
|Elissa with Paul's daughter Olivia, her best friend. :)|
3. In Uganda and Kenya, I made new friends and partners in ministry.
|My new BFF Jennifer, founder of True Identity Ministries.|
4. The beauty of Africa- the Nile River in Uganda, the bush villages, the Great Rift Valley and Lake Naivasha in Kenya- our God is an amazing creator.
|Great Rift Valley|
|Mountains of Uganda|
6. Through this summer, I discovered new passions. I absolutely loved working with the women in both Uganda and Kenya, and the Lord made it so clear to me that we all need the same message of His hope and grace in the midst of our darkness.
|Thirty women set free by the truth of their True Identity in Christ|
7. Simplicity- in Uganda I had the privilege of seeing the tidiest of huts, and in Kenya, we lived in tents for a week at camp. And it was good.
|Children at a church in Uganda|
9. I learned about the faith of others and how God shows up in big ways by watching how Pastor George loves and shepherds so many in Uganda, while Paul and Martha are parents to thirty orphans at Strong Tower Children's Home.
|With the children from Strong Tower after church on Sunday. Photo cred: Elissa Ewald|
10. I have found joy and contentment in knowing that God has me right where I am for a purpose, and the people with whom I am surrounded are my village and those whom I need to love. The coolest part is that I also get to be a part of a bigger story in Africa. And I count that as a privilege, joy, and honor.