Monday, July 28, 2014
grace upon grace
The Lord has been showing me just how good He is in the simplest of ways, so it was wonderful that I stumbled upon this fun link-up through She Who Fears. Here's a few ways I've seen Him in my life lately.
1. I have been blessed with some amazing mentors and sweet families who have been so kind to me through the years. Last week I was able to spend time with two of my favorite families and enjoy a home-cooked meal as well as some good conversation.
2. This weekend, my sister came into town on a little impromptu visit. We were able to go spend the day with my roommate at her family's more than 100-year-old home in Elberton. It was wonderful to just enjoy simple things like garden-grown tomatoes and reruns of 7th Heaven. :)
3. Last night, I enjoyed two hours of laughter at a Tim Hawkins show with a group of friends. We laughed and laughed. Here's one of my favorite Tim Hawkins songs for those of you who haven't enjoyed his hilarity.
4. My friend Judit and her husband Ray will be coming to Jefferson, Georgia today to visit with her brother and sister-in-law. Judit was one of my best friends in Mexico, and she will be coming with her six-month-old daughter (who I have yet to meet) and I could not be more excited! :)
5. My pastor's message yesterday was just so good. Learning about how to pray and ask Him to show me more of Himself instead of just what to do next. Good stuff.
What are some little (or big) ways you've seen His grace lately?