Growing up Southern Baptist, we never celebrated (observed?) Lent. But as an adult, I have truly come to appreciate the need to fast from the world and feast on Jesus as we prepare to celebrate His resurrection. This free devotional I stumbled upon is amazing.
2) Kari Jobe's new single. Y'all. So powerful. I was able to be led in worship by not only Kari but also Rend Collective Experiment this past Friday night. Not only was I so inspired by the authenticity of their worship, but the Lord met me right where I was. Such a sweet time. The Lord has allowed me to be someone who leads others in worship in two seasons in my life- one for about three years in high school, and then for two years in Mexico. The temptation to perform is real, but the glory must always belong to Him. Otherwise it's a farce.
3) Green smoothies. Especially this one from Blogilates by Cassy Ho. Yummy in my tummy-although I skipped the protein powder.
Here's the recipe: 1/2 banana, handful of fresh spinach, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 5-ish pieces of ice, 1/3-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, and 1 orange (take out the seeds). So good and creamy! Enjoy.
4) Sunny spring-like days. I take the long way home just because.
5)Yoga. So. calming.
6) Farmer's Market shopping
I discovered a new year-round farmer's market here in Athens! Life. made.
7) The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
I know I'm so behind the times, because the movie came out on Christmas Day. But OMG I loved it. So good. The story is worth telling and watching. Ben Stiller's performance is so endearing. And Shirley MacLaine is just wonderful as always. More to come on that soon.
8) NYX Makeup Setting Spray
Ladiezzz, this stuff is the bomb. I used to be so frustrated with how my makeup was virtually gone at the end of the day. But this spray, in all its magical-ness, makes that a problem of the past. And it's cheap!
9) Cartwheel app for Target stores
This app is for the Target-lover in all of us. You choose your products and load coupons onto the app, present your phone to the cashier, and receive discounts. I feel like a shopping ninja every time I use it.
10) This verse. Claiming it.